Chapter History

San Andreas Lake Chapter, organized October 6, 1954, was named for the largest in a chain of lakes situated west of Millbrae and now part of the San Francisco Water System. The campsite of the Portola expedition, November 4, 1769, was near this lake. It was named by Rivera when he camped there on the day of the feast of St. Andrew in 1774.

In 1996, Anson Burlingame Chapter merged with San Andreas Lake Chapter.

San Andreas Lake Chapter members enthusiastically support NSDAR projects. Some of our outstanding efforts have centered around DAR Service for Veterans, DAR Good Citizens, United Services Organization, conservation, and support of National Society projects.

Some of our current projects are Wreaths Across America and helping out at the Traumatic Brain unit at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto.